Summary The Sous Chef is responsible for meeting the needs of customers and supporting the department by receiving, cleaning, preparing and storing specific menu items, including all raw ingredients, in accordance with approved specifications of the operation’s menus and production sheets. Position estimates food requirements and is responsible for the receipt and maintenance of ingredients received on site at the kitchen.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Adheres to guidelines established by leadership in culinary production, operations and procurement.
- Represents the manager and senior leadership in day to day operation of functional areas.
- Supports manager’s role in scheduling and training employees and prioritizing work for others.
- Interprets procedures, ensures daily operations are maintained.
- Displays the ability to motivate themselves and continually improve performance
- Support managerial direction and open communication between leadership and the work team.
- Knowledgeable and current with latest culinary trends and seeks out opportunities to enhance culinary skills.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Assuming a sense of ownership by, staying informed, taking initiative to provide excellence with every encounter, and receiving criticism with a smile.
- Demonstrating excellent communication abilities by asking questions, providing suggestions, thanking others and solving disagreements-face to face, in a polite and respectful manner.
- Promoting exceptional teamwork, by working across departmental lines to serve our patients and guests, and by working tirelessly to maintain quality working relationships with coworkers, other departments and with suppliers.
- Performing all position duties and responsibilities in accordance with standards of Brewers SOP’s and local health department.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience: Minimum 1-3 years related experience as a cook in a hotel/catering/restaurant environment with management responsibility.
- Kitchen employees need to have or obtain a valid Food Handler’s Card/Certificate valid in Maricopa county.
- Must have applicable experience in ordering, maintaining, and managing an inventory of items, receiving and stocking supplies, as well as scheduling/planning applicable procedures.
- Knowledge of safety and infection control procedures, as well as safe food preparation required.
- Must demonstrate understanding of quantity recipes and production and modified diets.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to  pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to hot temperatures during meal prep within the kitchen and outside weather conditions, which may include heat, cold and various forms of precipitation.
The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please apply at the link provided below.