APPLY ONLINE TODAY! (LINK PROVIDED)
Establishes leadership, direction and accountability for all lead and line level employees in respective culinary areas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for interviewing, training, and selecting employees for the department
- Under the direction of the Executive Chef, the Sous Chef maintains consistency and quality for all food items in respective areas
- Ensures menu development timelines are met
- Directs and manages leads and line level employees to achieve budgetary, food quality and customer service expectations
- Ensures comprehensive training and exposure in the expected areas of competency
- Provides Lead and Line level support and coverage during vacations or staffing gaps.
- Conducts Performance Reviews in accordance with policies and procedures
- Provides feedback; coaching and development guidance as needed.
- Responds to and handles employee complaints (grievances) in a timely and efficient manner.
- Recommends or takes appropriate action when administering disciplinary processes in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Responsible for planning, supervising and monitoring the work of the team members in assigned area(s).
- Assists in ensuring schedules are complete based on a forecast and allowable productivity standards.
- Ensure schedules are posted at the established time and are fair and consistent.
- Approves vacation requests, floater requests and communicates information to appropriate team members.
- Ensures a daily sanitation checklist and temperature log report is completed for each area by their direct reports.
- Conducts random health inspections and health card audit.
- Proactively instructs team members regarding safe food handling and sanitation.
- Expected to spend 80% of the day on the floor and 20% of the day on administrative duties.
- Required to see direct reports daily, to meet twice a quarter with direct reports and conduct one on one meetings.
- Responsible for mentoring, coaching and, if necessary, provide documentation on direct reports and staff according to the CET Standard Operating Procedures.
- Required to complete and/or ensure the completion of 90 day and annual reviews in a timely manner.
- Ensures their areas are in alignment and adhering to CET Culinary Standard Operating Procedures.
- Must educate and hold direct reports accountable to each standard.
- Held accountable for ensuring their areas are utilizing the following CET SOP Tools: Prep Recipe Cards, Presentation Recipe Cards, Recipe Implementation Log, Production Sheets, Theoretical Food Cost Report, Daily Gross Food Cost Report, Menu Manuals, Plating Service Guides, Glossary of Food Terms, Master Food Product List, Line Station Diagrams and Daily Culinary Performance Measurement Reports.
- Must review menus and seek approval from the Executive Chef.
- Responsible for conducting department interviews and selecting top talent for your department(s).
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Educational seminars, classes or workshops must be scheduled and conducted regularly to ensure the team is abreast of current trends and food styles.
- Responsible for monitoring legal compliance with federal, state and gaming laws.
- Menus are to be written with the customer demographic in mind.
- Required to ensure measurement reports are done as described and all tools are updated and in proper order.
- Assists in the training of front of the house and heart of the house staff during new menu rollouts
- Must have a professional appearance and conduct themselves as a professional at all times.
- Required to conduct daily Buzz sessions
- Reviews, analyzes and makes recommendations with respect to wage increases, promotions, or demotions as needed.
- Ensures an attendance log is kept for each employee in his or her area of functional oversight.
- Ensures all overtime is anticipated and/or justified.
- Maintains a file of all Health Inspection Reports.
- Required to utilize property and CET training and development tools.
- Responsible in developing the team
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A degree or certification from an accredited culinary arts institute, or apprenticeship certification from the American Culinary Federation or the equivalent years experience as a Professional Chef for a hotel, resort or chain concept restaurant corporation is required.
- Experience must include room service, continental cuisine, high volume three meal/coffee shop, steakhouse and Italian.
- Must have been exposed and/or experienced enough to have strong working knowledge of Asian, Mexican, Southern, Italian, Cajun, Continental, Seafood and East Coast cuisines.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Must be able to communicate effectively through written policy, memorandum, E-mail and verbally communicate through public speaking and one on one.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel (required) and AS/400 Stratton/Warren system (preferred).
- Must have an established reputation of being a dynamic and team-oriented leader with a proven ability to manage multiple priorities, inspire and elevate an individual or a team’s performance.
- Must be extremely guest and employee focused. Successful completion of Superlap is required.
- In addition, it is recommended that all internal candidates complete the Exploring Supervisor Opportunities (ESO) readiness activities.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
- Must have an expert working knowledge and be highly proficient and skilled in the following: Food Storage and Identification; Food Cooling and Thawing; Food Re-thermalization; Managing and Expediting Orders; Recipe Formulization and Yield; Knife Handling and Sharpening; Stock, Soup and Sauce Production; Dry, Moist and Combination Cooking; Pantry, Garde Manger Preparation; Weights and Measures.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to be on feet twelve hours per day
- Must be able to withstand frequent changes in temperature.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, crouch, kneel, push and pull.
- Must be able to lift 70 pounds above or below shoulders
- Must be able to push or pull weights of 125 pounds on a cart.
- Must be able to tolerate chemicals for cleaning and sanitizing kitchen areas.
- Must be able to work in an area which contains second hand smoke
- Must be flexible with schedule
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the kitchen and outlets
- Must have visual acuity
- Must have manual dexterity to work with kitchen utensils and equipment
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).