- 6 active jobs (view)
$$$1,500 SIGN ON bonus for all Culinary positions. Applications must be received by 1/31/23
*$250 after 30 days/ $250 after 90 days/ $1,000 after 180 days
PASTRY COOK JOB SUMMARY
This position contributes to the success of Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain by creatively and energetically ensuring beautiful and superior quality desserts delivered from our bakery program at elements Restaurant. Ensure all pastry preparation and plate presentation is to established specifications of Chef and up to our superior standards that displays a sense of pride in the Sanctuary Commitments and Sanctuary Standards of Excellence.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- 401K Retirement Benefit Plan
- Free shift meals
- Hotel, restaurant & spa discounts
- Paid Vacation for Fulltime employees
- Paid Sick Time for all employees
PASTRY COOK JOB FUNCTIONS Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Organize and clean pastry preparation stations as to maintain established par stocks, prep levels for efficient production and appearance while exceeding health code standards.
- Ensure all food preparation supplies are properly ordered, received, handled and stored.
- Assist wherever needed in any of the resort’s F&B food preparation outlets to ensure timely and smooth quality service.
- Develop positive working relations with all other departments.
- Maintain consistency of product with great attention to food quality, taste and presentation.
- Aid in the concept, creativity, revision and implementation of all menus.
- Set the example as it relates to speed, cleanliness and accuracy.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Executive Chef and/or the Pastry Chef.
PASTRY COOK JOB REQUIREMENTS
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Solid interpersonal, organizational, and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to lift 75 lbs and carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Must be responsible, insightful, detail oriented, and self-motivated.
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Culinary Education is preferred. Related Work Experience 2 years high-end kitchen experience.
Experience with hospitality and customer service required.