Park Plaza Liquor and Deli is now hiring for the position of Line Cook (Shift Lead).
As a Line Cook (Shift Lead), you would need to follow our procedures, work quickly, accurately, and well with others. Works alongside head chef to manage daily kitchen activities, including overseeing staff, aiding with menu preparation, ensuring food quality and freshness, and monitoring ordering and stocking. Provides meal quality and consistency by following designated recipes.
Our restaurant staff is the heart and soul of our company, bringing great food and legendary service to our local community.
At Park Plaza Liquor and Deli we have a fun culture with flexible work schedules, discounts in our restaurant, formal training, and career growth opportunities. If you think you would be a great addition to our kitchen, apply at Park Plaza Liquor and Deli today!
Pay starts at $40,000/year, Health/Vision/Dental Insurance, IRA, Sick Pay, career growth opportunities. Requirements: Previous restaurant experience, food and beverage knowledge, restaurant industry knowledge, leadership, effective management skills, positivity, ability to work under pressure, self-motivated, exceptional customer service skills, and creativity. Formal culinary training a plus.
Please email resumes to [email protected]
Other Job Duties Include:
- Leads kitchen team in chef's absence
- Provides guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating
- Oversees and organizes kitchen stock and ingredients
- Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance
- Keeps cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours
- Hires and trains new kitchen employees to restaurant and kitchen standards
- Manages food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimises waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns
- Supervises all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and restaurant standards
- Works with head chef to maintain kitchen organization, staff ability, and training opportunities
- Verifies that food storage units all meet standards and are consistently well-managed
- Assists head chef with menu creation
- Coordinates with restaurant management team on supply ordering, budget, and kitchen efficiency and staffing