The Cleveland Indians are looking for a lead line cook to assist with food preparation and other tasks in our Goodyear, AZ kitchen. We are looking for someone who is committed, willing to work hard, is a self-starter but can also follow direction from executive staff.
The goal of this position is to increase player's, coaches' and staff's satisfaction and build kitchen efficiency. Responsibilities include but are not limited to; preparing and stocking cooking stations, preparing a wide variety of food according to standards set by the Chef and Nutrition Staff, reading menus and planning daily tasks accordingly. You will be responsible for setting up the prep station, stocking inventory, and maintaining sanitation standards. To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will possess excellent communication and multi-tasking skills. Ultimately, you will play an essential role in contributing to our mission and building a premiere dining facility for professional athletes.
- Prepare and organize cooking stations throughout the kitchen.
- Monitor product inventory and stock
- Prepare and cook menu items
- Work side by side with other kitchen staff, Chefs and building Staff to create a harmonious work environment.
- Comply with health and sanitation guidelines
- Complete other tasks set forth by the Chef and senior staff
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to work with others and alone
- Timeliness, in all aspects of the day
- Comprehension of a variety of cooking techniques and understanding of basic cooking skills a plus
- Experience cooking in a professional environment a plus
- Great communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills