Food Service Worker Part Time
Since 1977, Sojourner Center has been a safe haven from domestic violence for women and their children in Arizona. Since our founding, we have transformed lives by providing shelter and support services to more than 60,000 adults and children affected by domestic violence. We provide a broad spectrum of services to victims of domestic violence, while working with professionals in the field on education, research and advocacy with the goal of ending domestic violence.
The Food Service Worker prepares and serves meals according to menu cycles. Follows established methods of food handling, preparation, meal service, and equipment cleaning. Complies with all food handling policies and regulations.
Schedule: May be required to work evenings and/or weekends as scheduled.
Positions Available: 1 (Monday, Wednesday & Friday / 10am–7pm)
Rate of Pay: $15.00/hr.
Education, Experience, and Other Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and one (1) year of food services experience.
- Culinary training preferred.
- Nutrition training a plus.
- Must possess a current Arizona Food Handlers Card.
- Ability to obtain a Level I Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Valid Arizona Driver License, proof of automobile insurance and Motor Vehicle Record acceptable to Sojourner Center’s insurance company.
Physical Factors/Working Conditions
- Stands and walks continuously throughout the day.
- Reaches, stoops, bends, lifts, carries and manipulates various food product and equipment; able to lift and/or carry 50 pounds.
- Some travel between work locations may be required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ensures foods are prepared and served following food safety guidelines and quality standards.
- Ensures CACFP meal component requirements and menu modification for special needs are being met.
- Conducts temperature check prior to serving food.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Job Type: Part Time (24 hours per week)