Are you a culinary master with a positive attitude? Do you have your ACF Certification, Culinary Arts degree, and/or AOS Degree? Hilton Scottsdale Resort and Villas is looking for an Executive Sous Chef at our four star, four diamond resort. We have a team mentality and this is a great opportunity to train and mentor our kitchen staff. As a Hilton Associate, you will receive up to 100 discounted room nights per year at any Hilton property throughout the world. Our full-time Associates are eligible for a full benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(k) participation, and up to 16 days of vacation after one year of employment.
The Hilton Scottsdale Resort and Villas is a prominent resort located in the heart of Scottsdale on 20 acres of beautiful desert landscape that combines a relaxed ambiance with Sonoran Desert decor. Our property offers breathtaking views of the Camelback Mountain with a AAA Four Diamond resort rating. Unique to our resort is the spacious two-bedroom villas with kitchenettes, separate living and dining areas, and a private balcony. We host many prominent business meetings and social events with 25,000 sq. ft. of indoor/outdoor meeting space.
- Observe workers engaged in preparing, portioning, and garnishing foods to insure that methods of cooking and garnishing and sizes of portions are as prescribed.
- Give instructions to cooking personnel on fine points of cooking.
- Cook and carve meats, and prepares dishes, such as sauces, during rush periods and for banquets and other social functions.
- Assume responsibility for kitchen in absence of Chef.
- Must be able to “prep” food products, using standardized food preparation techniques.
- Must be able to visibly recognize “condition” of food, and cooking temperatures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Skillfully use kitchen tools, machines, or equipment needed in food preparation.
- Read recipes for the items to be prepared, and be able to visualize the finished products.
- Measure, cut, or otherwise work on materials or objects with great precision.
- Use arithmetic to figure amounts of product/materials needed, quantities needed and cost of products/materials.
- Education: ACF Certification, Culinary Arts degree, apprenticeship and/or AOS Degree.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years kitchen supervisory experience with three years kitchen operations experience including at least 1year in a lead cook position, and 1 year in a steward position; OR, an equivalent level of education and experience. Licenses/Certifications:
- Must have Food Safety Certification