As a linecook, you are instrumental in the operation of the kitchen and food & beverage offerings we have become known for. You will gain experience preparing a range of different dishes, both hot and cold, within a variety of cuisine types. Through working under our skilled Chefs, you will have the opportunity not only to refine your current culinary skills, but to grow and learn as well.
Starting rate will depend on experience $16.50 to $20 per hour!!
SIGN ON BONUS OF $750 ($250 will be received after two weeks and $500 after 30 days in the position) - Full Time Associates
Below are the responsibilities for the cook position:
- Communicate with the Chef to learn daily work tasks and their coordination, and complete daily prep list.
- Perform work assignments to meet proper quantities within a necessary time frame.
- Be knowledgeable of all areas in the cafeteria.
- Be knowledgeable of plate presentations and preparations of all menu items.
- Communicate with all cooks daily for proper pars and production requirements when needed.
- Keep back and prep area clean as you work.
- Fill and maintain the prep list up to par, check daily.
- Check with MOD before leaving for the day.
- Support restaurant chef/sous chef and supervisor
- Control quality and consistency of all food served.
- Ensure station is set for service 15 minutes prior to service.
- Ensure all food supplies necessary for service are in appropriate supply on a timely basis.
- Assist in controlling food cost.
- Required to learn all menu items produced by assigned station.
- Refrigeration and serving of cold food.
- Production of orders.
- Help to make sure of product availability for all outlets items.
- Directs proper sanitation of all kitchen facilities and equipment.
- Keep kitchen clean and organize every day by any business
- Ensure staff follows Ecosure rules and procedures.
- Ensures that all kitchen equipment is in good working order.
- Help to direct or report proper maintenance of all walk-in coolers (rotation of food products and cleanliness).
- Be on hands on control over daily food production.
- Monitors safety in the kitchen.
- Ensure food quality and consistency.
- Knows hotel and kitchen expectations and the proper guidelines.
- Help to checks and controls prep and inventory lists for kitchen staff.
- Help to check quality and consistency