It never fails: every time I can see Fall on the horizon, I feel like my “to-do” list here at the school starts to get bigger and bigger. Well, this year seems no different. Why? Check it out:
- We just had a new Day-time Basics class begin this week and we are very excited to have more new faces on campus! Welcome everyone!
- Saturday, September 9th we have an open house featuring a Veteran Bootcamp class with Chef Sedig, Pizzas to snack on with Chef DeWitt, and a Molecular Gastronomy class with me…it will be worth your time to swing by for sure. As usual, 9am until noon!
- Labor Day Holiday weekend is coming up and we just want to remind everyone that campus will be closed on Monday, September 4th.
- We have already begun plans for our 3rd Annual ACI Family Day and Fundraiser 5k! There are many details to follow, but some of the ideas include: 5k fun run, 2 mile walk, food for the participants, bigger and better bounce house for the kids, face painting, all-you-can-eat barbeque, canned food drive, bake sale, popcorn, cotton candy, school tours, and more! Mark your calendars for Saturday, October 14th!
- On the last Friday in September, ACI has signed up for the 2nd Annual Resource Fair and Kickball Tournament for the Arizona National Guard’s Suicide Prevention Program. We will have a table at the fair, but we are also entered in the kickball tournament. We thought it would be cool if the team could be made up mostly of ACI staff and Veteran students (either past or present). If you are interested in being a part of the team, please email me at [email protected] so I can put you on the roster!
- Du Jour is still open for dinner featuring some of our wonderful Night-time students with Chef James West in the kitchen, and Samantha Evans in the dining room. If I was you, I would be taking advantage of that 50% off student discount for sure!
- There’s more…definitely more, but my fingers are tired of typing, and I have students to teach, so I’ll wrap it up for now. Get involved, stay involved, and remember that these activities are not just for current students: once a member of the ACI family, always a member of the ACI family!
Until Next Month,
Chef Christopher Wolf, CCC, CCE, CSW, CPI
Executive Chef, Arizona Culinary Institute