From the Executive Chef
Hello all! We’ve had some really nice-sized class-starts on campus lately, with more on the horizon, and the school is buzzing with activity right now!….lots of students, lots of energy, good vibes all around. The only quick thing to mention, before we get into the big business of this newsletter, is to remind everyone that the school will be closed on Monday, September 3rd for Labor Day. So, enjoy the day off!
On to the main course: it is almost time for our Annual ACI Family Fun Day fundraiser again! The date for this year’s event is Saturday, October 13th, 2018, with festivities beginning at 8am. All proceeds from this event to go directly to supporting the free Veteran Culinary and Baking Bootcamp classes that we offer throughout the year. Here’s what you can expect at this year’s event:
- Glen Humphrey Memorial Fun Run/Walk. As usual, we will have a 5k course and a 2mile course. Registration begins at 7am, with the Run/Walk beginning at 8am. There is a $20 registration fee per person this year which gets you an entry into the “race”, refreshments at the finish line, a voucher for the BBQ lunch, and a $5 voucher to the bake-sale. Trophies will be awarded for the top 3 women and top 3 men in the 5k distance only.
- We will have a bounce-house-obstacle-course, face-painting, cotton candy, and popcorn…mostly for the kiddos, but I feel like adults should be able to enjoy those things as well :o).
- A bake sale with PLENTY of ACI fresh-baked goodies for sale.
- $5 BBQ lunch! That’s right: 5 bucks for a killer plate of ACI barbeque with all the fixins.
- Canned food drive to kick-off the holiday season of giving. Bring 5 cans of food and get a free ticket for the BBQ lunch!
- Silent Auction featuring Page Springs Cellars wines, Mercer knives, and lunches/dinners in Du Jour!
- Not to mention, the entire staff will be there (all the instructors, all the admin) to socialize, give tours, and hang out.
This is a family event open to the entire ACI family, so all current students, all graduates, ANYONE associated with ACI at all, come on down, invite your loved ones, show off your school, have a great time, support the food drive, support our Veteran cooking classes, beat Chef Macc in the 5k, we’ve got something for everyone. Mark your calendars. I’ll see you there!
Chef Christopher Wolf, ccc, cec, cpi, csw
Executive Chef Arizona Culinary Institute