Hey everybody! Let’s cut right to the chase: I would like to dedicate this entire newsletter to talking about our next Open House Event, The Annual ACI Family Fun Day!
About 4 years ago we decided to use the date of our October Open House as an opportunity to let our hair down, relax a little bit, and open our campus up to pretty much anyone and everyone that wants to stop by. We started calling it our Annual ACI Family Fun Day. The goal was to try and draw as many people to the campus as we could, by coming up with as many different activities as we could think of, so there would be something going on for everyone. We also figured that it would be extra beneficial if we could use the day to raise some money for a good cause or two. This year, all proceeds from the event will go toward supporting our free Veteran Culinary Bootcamp classes that we hold throughout the year. Also, our canned food drive will be going to support the St. Mary’s Food Bank. So the event has evolved and grown each year, and we are hoping that this year will be our best one yet. But, there is one crucial element to making this day successful…..YOU! We need you. And your friends, and your families, and your co-workers, and any other great people you can think of, to come join-in on the fun! So what exactly will we have going on you ask?
- The Glenn Humphrey Memorial Fun Run/Walk. As usual, we will have a 5k course and a 2mile course. Registration begins at 7am, with the Run/Walk beginning at 8am. There is a $20 registration fee per person this year which gets you an entry into the “race”, refreshments at the finish line, a voucher for the BBQ lunch, and a $5 voucher to the bake-sale. Trophies will be awarded for the top 3 women and top 3 men in the 5k distance only. But don’t worry, you are allowed to walk, push a stroller, bring your pet, etc. It’s really just about getting outside and having a nice time.
- We will have a bounce-house-obstacle-course, face-painting, cotton candy, and popcorn…mostly for the kiddos, but I feel like adults should be able to enjoy those things as well.
- A bake sale with PLENTY of ACI fresh-baked goodies for sale. Our amazing baking and pastry staff will be working hard all week to prep for this thing. Items will be fresh, from scratch, and top-notch.
- $5 BBQ lunch! That’s right: 5 bucks for a killer plate of ACI barbeque with all the fixins.
- Canned food-drive to kick-off the holiday season of giving. Bring 5 cans of food and get a free ticket for the BBQ lunch!
- Silent Auction featuring Page Springs Cellars wines, Mercer knives, and lunches/dinners in Du Jour!
- Not to mention, the entire staff will be there (all the instructors, all the admin) to socialize, give tours, and hang out.
It’s going to be a great event. The date of the event is on Saturday, October 13th. The event goes from 8am until 1pm, but registration for the Fun Run/Walk is between 7am and 8am, so arrive a little early if you plan on joining us for that. Mark your calendars now. We really hope to see you there!
Chef Christopher Wolf, ccc, cce, csw, cpi
Executive Chef |Arizona Culinary Institute
Tags: aci, aci chefs, aci students, Arizona Culinary Institute, cake decorating, chef challenge, chef wolf, cooking channel, cooking schools, culinary school, curriculum, evening classes, evening program, fine dining restaurant